Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

I am thankful . . .

I know this is a few days late, but seeing as how I'm moving into a new house right now and unpacking things that have been in storage for FIVE YEARS (yes, five), I'm cutting myself some slack. So here is my Thanksgiving post. I am thankful . . .

For the satisfaction of finished projects.

For a healthy pregnancy and an at-home (MY home!!!) birth plan that has me so excited to bring this little boy into the world.

For a little girl who kept me company through the peeling and dicing of four huge "peanut butter squash" for Thanksgiving. :) As I peeled, she sat in front of her cereal and, without prompting, said a prayer of Thanksgiving for each and every member of our family. Amen.

For living close to my two favorite women, my mom and my sister.

For a game of Trivial Pursuit (a very serious pastime in this family) where I didn't lose by a landslide.

In fact, the three of us were tied. That's me in the middle. Unfortunately I didn't win. Stupid Sports and Liesure.

But guess who did win?

I'm thankful for heirlooms. More on this dining room set later . . .

And of course, I'm thankful for our new house, which we are quickly transforming into a Home.

3 comments:

Alainarae said...

wow you guys move fast :) So excited for you- for all of it- the house, the birth plan, the great things that are happening. Congratulations!!

Melissa said...

home birth, yay! I'm hoping to do a NUCB at the hospital. At the moment, a home birth isn't for me. I've had two cousins who have had quite a few, I think it's beautiful.

The house looks gorgeous!

Suzie said...

Thank you both! Melissa, I know, home birth is not for some people. It's good that you know what you need!