Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Baking


I know I know, Christmas break and blah blah blah shut up Suzie. Before this post is out of date I do want to show off the baking magic we three ladies of orient pulled off a couple weeks ago. Lacy's killer oven was capable of baking two trays of twelve cookies at a time, so we were able to make quite the array of devilish delights. Our holiday baking day consisted of:
  • Peppermint Bark
  • Peanut Butter Bars
  • Cherry Almond Shortbread cookies
  • Chocolate Almond Surprise cookies
  • Pecan Turtles
Top it all off with Sufjan Steven's ethereal Christmas album and a viewing of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and we had ourselves a nice little party. Thank you, Lacy and Janelle, for a wonderful Christmasy day. Now that I've spent 3 years bringing home to Japan, I'll probably spend the next three bringing Japan home. Sigh. Damn you greener grass.

No comments: